This update from Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service: Fire crews have been attending several flooding incidents in the Wells and Shepton Mallet area since 7.15am today.
• 7.14am, Property flooded at Castle Lane, Wookey, Wells
• 7.32am, Property flooded at Wellesley Park, Dulcote, Wells
• 8.30am, 1ft of water in George Inn, Long Street, Croscombe, Shepton Mallet. Twenty properties in this area are also believed to be at risk of flooding and fire crews are assisting with evacuation. The nearby river is severely flooded.
• The A371 Bowlish to Wells Road is blocked by debris and closed. Fire crews working to remove debris
• 8.45, water 2ft deep in Church Street, Wells. Fire crews removing debris from a bridge
• 9.48, Flooding in Wells Road, Bowlish, Shepton Mallet
• Bowlish Infant School evacuated as a precaution. Floodwater had reached an external wall and there was concern about the stability of the wall. Therefore, a structural engineer was called to assess the situation and, as a precaution, the children were moved to a nearby hotel to be collected by parents. This was a controlled situation and there was no risk to the children.
10.58, Flooding in the area of Fenny Castle, Wookey. Possible evacuation of properties.
£425 - £525 p day
40 - 90k (negotiable)
£50-55k+bonus+car - £65k package