Profile image for Well_oiled

I have been following the coalition government's plans to cut spending across the public sector with a heavy feeling of dread. What scares me is the proposed cut to nearly all education rebuild projects. These kids need a minimum standard of environment in which to learn, it's no good expecting them to learn algebra if the classroom is roasting.

Modern cars have air conditioning to enable the driver to think calmly and operate efficiently in the heat, surely our kids deserve the same conditions in which to learn?

The ridiculous thing is, none of our Wells school will suffer as a result of the cuts...., because they weren't due to receive any government spending in the first place!

Are you happy with the standard of buildings at your child's school? Do you think that schools themselves and 'Friends of' groups are left to bear the brunt too much these days?

By Well_oiled at 11:07 on 07/07/10

Re-post           

• Profile image for WellieWonka

My daughter's school has big holes in a number of the interior walls (I won't say which one) but they've been trying to budget to save enough for years to make repairs. It is very frustrating when they also need to subsidise a wide range of school trips, visitors to school for varied activities and provide learning materials.

We'll just do what we've always done though & get on with it!

By WellieWonka at 11:52 on 07/07/10

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent